Top 50 Incredibly Inspiring Weight Loss Blogs
With over 30 percent of Americans classified as overweight or obese, weight loss is becoming an increasingly large and heated issue. Below are the best 50 blogs for weight loss, tips on how to lose the pounds, and videos and podcasts to help you on your way.
Best Blogs on Weight Loss
Follow the stories of these men and women who are just beginning or completing their weight loss journey.
1. 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet: Suzanne, Jennifer, and Amy were overweight sisters who began this blog as a website to share diet tips, recipes, and other helpful information. It has now grown into a nationally recognized site and contains a ton of information. Get posts on the newest diets, fads, and more.
2. Escape From Obesity: Learn how this 278 pound woman is escaping obesity. Get recipes, tips, and inspiration from this stay at home mom. She recently shared tips on building a home gym.
3. Confessions of an Overweight Dietician: Dayle is a blogger for the “Billings Gazette” and shares his personal and professional exploration of health at every size. Get information on the latest weight loss scams, as well as recommendations for healthy recipes. A recent entry explored his favorite walks.
4. Fit Bottomed Girls: Learn how to keep a lid on the junk in the trunk from these two bloggers. In addition to a great deal fitness tips, you can also get advice on healthy eating, as well as recipes. One of the girls has been working with a trainer and gives the details.
5. Nearly a Normal Eater: This blogger is a wife, mom, and chocoholic looking to lose weight. She gives her thoughts about dieting, exercise, and leaving bingeing and overeating behind. Recently, she explored how calorie counting can be bad.
6. The F-Word: These three F words actually stand for food, fat, and feminism. Learn how to deal with or avoid an eating disorder, unhealthy body image, aw well as recipe recommendations. There are even links to an eating disorder blog and studies.
7. The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl: Shauna lives in Scotland and weighed 351 pounds at the beginning of her journey. Learn how she lost half that weight through diet, fitness, as well as her favorite recipes. There is even a gallery where her readers meet and tell their stories.
8. Meals From the Girl in the Little Black Dress: Anna is a young woman living in Washington, DC. She blogs on an array of weight loss issues such as vegan, eating disorders, pregnancy, and weight loss. Get ideas for meals to have you breaking out your own little black dress.
9. Down Home Dieting: Amanda is a twenty something who recently joined Weight Watchers. With a husband determined to eat what he wants, she has an extra burden to her weight loss journey. Visit to read how she is doing and what she is eating.
10. Fat Bridesmaid: FB used to weigh 330 pounds and has lost over 40 pounds. She recently experienced a loss in the family and change of job but continues her weight loss journey. She is also a fan of The Biggest Loser and shares her thoughts.
11. Fatty Weight Loss: This blogger has been through a few weight loss programs and writes about what has worked. Tips on diet and working out are often discussed. You can also get information on teas that help you lose weight.
12. Do You Have an Extra Large in This?: Marshmallow is from New Zealand, where she blogs about weight loss. In addition to dieting tips, she also writes about daily life with humor. Also of note are her exercise goals, some of which are and are not completed.
13. Fat Girl Dives In: Tina once lost 100 pounds and gained it all back plus a few extra. This blog is her journey to lose it all again before age 40. Read about her ups and downs, including a chocolate chip cookie disaster.
14. Fat Man Unleashed: Because weight loss isn’t just for women, see how a man deals with this issue. You can also learn Israel’s tips for losing weight, as well as information on diet and health. He recently took on the grueling Santa Monica stairs.
15. Andrew Getting Fit: Andrew is from New Zealand and used to weigh 308 pounds. With the help of exercise and diet, he has completed a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and is looking to do a full one in 2009. Read how he trains, what he eats, and more.
16. Get Fit Slowly: Mac and J.D. are 35 and 39 blog on physical fitness and weight loss that makes sense. Read about how exercise was the key to their weight loss success. Of particular note is how to lose 25 pounds in one month by obeying a simple rule.
17. Steve v4.7: Steve’s blog not only lists what day of his journey he is on, but how much he weighs on that day. He has already lost 148 pounds and attributes it to internal forces. Get more information on weight loss in this no excuses blog.
18. Lynn’s Weigh: Although Lynn already lost the weight, she believes the journey continues. Read her blog for tips on weight loss, maintenance, and everything in between. Her weight goal was to lose 168 pounds and she did that in around a year.
19. Former Fat Guy: Rob is from Tuscon and used to be overweight. Read his tips for losing weight, along with musings. You can also get recommendations for supplements, books, workouts, and more.
20. 101 Reasons I Hate Being Fat: Think there aren’t that many? Well, Karaokekitty has just posted her 102nd reason: underwear. Read the rest if you need inspiration and motivation in your own weight loss journey.
21. The Token Fat Girl: Lorrie is an overweight woman who even posts frank pictures of her weight loss journey. Of particular note is her food and exercise log. You can also read what she is eating, how much weight she is losing, and more on this tell all blog.
22. Fast Weight Loss: Brad is from Albany and wishes to lose weight quickly. Read for tips on exercise, calorie burning, and many recipes. He also gives useful links to other weight loss sites.
Best Blogs for Weight Loss
Now that you’ve read the best in weight loss stories, read the below for the best tips on losing weight, exercise, diet, and much more.
23. Feed the Soul: Interested in mental health along with weight loss? Then check out this blog which empowers readers to eat well, live well, and be well. Categories include nutrition, recipes, a ton of useful links, and even the option to ask a dietician.
24. FitSugar: Visit this blog for a happy you through fitness and health. In addition to the many ways to lose weight, you can also get information on fashion, beauty, money, and much more. Recent top stories include the Mediterranean diet, milk, and getting beach ready.
25. Really Useful Fitness Blog: Get tons of tips for weight loss through fitness on this blog. Blogging since 2004, you can get a look at how to lose 3 pounds fast, 5 steps to losing 20 pounds, and almonds as a fat burner.
26. A Weight Lifted: Tired of dieting? Then visit this blog for alternative solutions to healthy weight loss. In addition to recipes, visitors can also get book reviews, diabetes information, fitness tips, and learning how to love your body.
27. The Office Diet: Too busy to lose weight? So was Ali, until she discovered ways to use her office time to her advantage. Get tips on exercise, good habits, meals, and office life all with the focus on today’s busy lifestyles.
28. Weighty Matters: Yoni is a doctor specializing in obese medicine. He has also dealt with drug issues. Visit for tips on fast food, calorie counting, and how to get off medication.
29. Weight Loss’s blog: Part of CalorieCounter.com, Eve tells you everything you need to know about weight loss. You can get information on nutrition, featured news, fitness, along with many weight loss tips. There is even a forum to connect with others.
30. Fatfree Vegan Kitchen: This blog is dedicated to the sinlessly delicious. Susan is a health conscious vegan who likes good food and shares tons of recipes, many of which are low cost. Those who want to lose weight and cut out animal fats will find a ton of useful information.
31. Natural Weight Loss: This blog is run by the Haven Spa and Alternative Treatment Clinic. Get step by step tips for weight loss with natural foods and remedies in mind. Ideal for those who want to lose weight with a holistic approach.
32. CalorieLab Diet News: With many guest bloggers, get the latest in diet news and tips from this blog. You can also get a calorie counter in addition to diet reviews. A recent post dealt with how to save money by purchasing food at auctions.
33. Ranaesheart Weight Loss Success Tips: Ranaesheart used to be overweight and now shares her sensible approach to healthy weight loss. In addition to reading her inspiring story, you can get a Kool Tracker and a special recipe search engine. You can also read interviews with her to get the best in her advice.
34. Nutrition and Health Eating: Jennifer and Katherine are nutritionists with the Mayo Clinic. Get a ton of expert advice from them on how to eat right while losing weight. Make sure to read the liquid calories entry for what to drink and what to avoid.
35. Megan’s Munchies: Learn how to lose weight by eating in moderation from Megan. She often gives tasty, yet healthy recipes for the weight loss minded. Be sure to read her tips for adding protein to any diet.
36. Ask the Dietician: Joanne Larsen is a certified dietician who blogs about food related topics. You can get expert information on everything from anorexia to vitamins. She also has calculators available for adults, children, and a healthy eating for life plan.
37. Ask the Nutritionist: From iVillage comes this professional nutritionist who answers questions on a variety of nutrition related topics. In addition to questions, Sue also shares healthy eating hints. Search the boards for previous questions or submit one of your own.
38. Ask the Trainer: Personal trainer Michael Behnken has answered hundreds of questions from people all over the world. You can read them on this site or ask one of your own. In addition there are tons of tips for the best exercises for every level, every area.
Best Podcasts and Videos for Weight Loss
Workouts and recipes are always done better when demonstrated. Below are the best videos and podcasts for weight loss.
39. Food Network: Get hundreds of recipes and full episodes from this leading cooking network. Among the many healthy eating recipes, you can also get meals that are quick, holiday related, and more.
40. Inside Out Weight Loss: Hypnotherapist Renee Stephens aligns body and mind for lasting change. Get a ton of tips on diet and weight loss from this site. The latest episodes show you how to gain money while losing weight.
41. Fat Fighter TV: This site has a ton of videos for those battling the bulge. In addition to work out tips, you can get recipes for protein pancakes, tips for how to make your own light snacks, and much more.
42. Food Philosophy: Jennifer is the co-creator of the Culinary Media Network and the world’s first all food podcast. Since 2004, she has interviewed top chefs from around the world and gotten a great deal of recipes, many for the health minded. Get useful recipes and tips for weight loss from this top expert.
43. Success Stories: Part of Weight Watchers, see how these clients lost the weight. You can also get tips on recipes and workouts, along with a health conditions center. There is even the option to share your own story.
44. GeekFit Podcast: This podcast offers fitness for the mind as well as they body. Get a ton of free weight loss advice with a humorous angle. In addition to weight loss information, you can also get reviews on many other health and fitness related websites.
45. Yell at Your Fat: This is an audio podcast about losing weight, getting fit, changing your brain, and living a healthy life. The host of this show recently lost 139 pounds and is fired up to tell the world how she did it. Each episode includes tips, specific weight-loss guidelines, funny anecdotes, real-life stories and many words of encouragement.
46. The Livin’ la Vida Low Carb Show: Not as outdated as the title suggests, this show is regularly updated with tips for how and why to start a low carb diet. Host Jimmy Moore went from 400 pounds to 230 and is the ultimate evangelist for the low-carb lifestyle. He often interviews people with similar stories, along with nutrition experts.
47. Dr. Fitness and the Fat Guy: This podcast strives to make healthy living fun for everyone. In addition to the show, you can get tips on weight loss, real results, or read the blog. The latest episode dealt with the donut diet and 21 things to create a better life.
48. Being Healthy for Busy People: Listen to these podcasts for a healthy approach to life for those who don’t have the time. Get information on fitness, health, diet, and more. The latest episode dealt with the reality of food addictions.
49. Get Fit Pod: Although intended for those over 50, those looking to lose weight at any range will appreciate the easy to follow tips. Get fitness, diet, and health information, along with entertainment and specially designed workouts. If you would like a serious workout, check out the episode on High Intensity Interval Training.
50. The Renegade Health Show: These nearly 300 videos are a fun and enlightening show on natural health, holistic nutrition, vegan, and raw foods. Host Kevin Gianni give tips and tricks as well as interviews experts in the natural health field.
Whether just starting your weight loss journey or looking to maintain a healthy weight, be sure to check out the above for the best in weight loss.